Cassels Brewing Co. aims to protect your privacy. It is our goal to bring you information that is tailored to your individual needs and, at the same time, protect your privacy.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
1. Collection of Personal Information and Your Privacy
1.1 From time to time we may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the Site to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
1.2 What data do we collect?
Cassels Brewing Co. collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number)
- Credit card details
- How you use our website
2. How do we collect your data?
2.1 You directly provide Cassels Brewing Co. with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products.
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
2.2 Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- From a competition run by one of our suppliers where our product is a prize
3. Why Personal Information is Collected by Cassels Brewing Co.
3.1 Cassels Brewing Co collects personal information from you including:
- Personal information, provided through voluntary registration or use of the website (contact details).
- Personal information, provided by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussion);
- Information collected by Cassels through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you access; and
- Aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on the Website).
3.2 Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website not being available to you.
4. How will we use your data?
Use of Information
4.1 Any personal information you provide may be used by Cassels Brewing for the following purposes:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- To send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address, to email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like;
- Tell you about our new products and services: for example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in;
- To obtain feedback on your use of the Website or service offered through the Website;
- To contact you as part of the transaction process when purchasing goods through the Website;
- Verification of your identity as a member of the Website if you have registered as an account member in accordance with the terms of sale and terms and conditions;
- To monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
- To keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
- To investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website;
- Responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to Cassels Brewing Co; and
- Such other use that you authorise.
4.2 When making an order, Cassels Brewing Co also requests credit card or other payment account information which are maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. Cassels Brewing Co does not share this information with any third party except for those companies responsible for processing credit card transactions for Cassels Brewing Co.
4.3 When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
5.1 Cassels Brewing Co. would sometimes like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. You will have the option to choose to not receive certain types of email communications from Cassels Brewing Co, except for those that are absolutely necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made. Emails will always contain a link at the bottom to be removed from the mailing list or you can unsubscribe via your account page on our Website. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
5.2 You have the right at any time to stop Cassels Brewing from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
6. How do we store your data?
Holding, Correction and Updating Personal Information
6.1 Our company website is built on the WordPress platform and hosted with Sitehost in New Zealand. Your data may be stored through WordPress and Sitehost data storage, databases and plugins such as WooCommerce that run the online store. Any personal information that you provide on the website will be stored on their secure servers behind a firewall, and we have secure certificates on the website that protect your data. Personal information is also stored in Mailchimp, an email marketing platform. Order details are stored in Mailchimp, as well as personal information for email subscribers. Name, email address and credit card details are stored in Stripe, our payments processor. Personal information that you provide may also be stored and held by us at Cassels Brewing Co, 3 Garlands Road, Woolston, Christchurch, New Zealand.
6.2 Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right of access to, and correction of, personal information we hold.
6.3 If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, you can update this by emailing us on [email protected] Or you can contact us directly and we will correct it. Our contact address is above.
6.4 Our Company will keep your personal information for an 8 month period. Once this time period has expired, and you haven’t agreed to receive correspondence from Cassels Brewing Co. we will delete your data by erasing it from all our mail/data lists.
7. Security of Personal Information
7.1 Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7.2 Our Company securely stores your data. Order details are stored in Mailchimp, as well as personal information for email subscribers. Name, email address and credit card details are stored in Stripe, our payments processor. Personal information that you provide may also be stored and held by us at Cassels Brewing Co, 3 Garlands Road, Woolston, Christchurch, New Zealand. See section 6.1 for how we store your data.
8. What are your data protection rights?
Cassels Brewing Co. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Cassels Brewing Co. for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cassels Brewing Co. correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cassels Brewing Co. erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cassels Brewing Co. restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cassels Brewing Co. processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cassels Brewing Co. transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected], or call us at: 0064 0800 667 789.
policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us: 00 64 0800 667 789
Or write to us at: 3 Garlands Road, Woolston, Christchurch, New Zealand
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Cassels Brewing has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details can be found here https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.